CALL US TODAY! (833) 850-8929

Tokyo US Embassy & Visa

U.S. Embassy Tokyo
1-10-5 Akasaka
Minato-ku, Tokyo 107-8420
Unit 45004 Box 205
APO AP 96337-5004
(03) 3224-5000 / DSN (03) 224-5000 Switchboard
Fax: (03) 3224-5914 / DSN (03) 224-5914 (all passport inquiries)
Fax: (03) 3224-5856 / DSN (03) 224-5856 (all other non-visa inquiries)
(03) 5354-4033 Visa Information

You will need to obtain a visa before coming to Japan. Visas are issued only by Japanese Embassies and Consulates overseas. Visas for Americans hoping to work in Japan are controlled by the Japanese government. The Japanese Government is the ultimate authority on visa matters and Embassy has no authority to intervene in any Japanese government immigration decision.

If you will be staying longer than 90 days, you must obtain an Alien Registration Card (“Gaikokujin Toroku Shomeisho”), available free of charge from the municipal office of the city or ward you are residing. You will need to take your passport and two photos of size 4.5 x 3.5 cm. Carry your Alien Registration Card with you at all times. The Japanese Police are allowed to stop you and ask to see the card at any time, and not having it with you is a violation of local law.