CALL US TODAY! (833) 850-8929

Stockholm Embassy & Visa

Embassy of the United States of America
Dag Hammarskjölds Väg 31
SE-115 89 Stockholm, Sweden
(46) 8 783-5300
The American Citizen Services unit of the Consular Section provides information and assistance to U.S. citizens in Sweden. This unit deals with U.S. passports, citizenship issues, social security numbers, tax information, voting assistance, notarization of documents, children’s issues, emergency services for American citizens etc.

Phone hours: (46) 8 783-5375, 1 – 3PM, Monday through Thursday
Opening hours: 9 – 11AM, Monday through Friday, except for American and Swedish holidays.

Official Registration with the U.S. Embassy
The State Department has launched a secure online travel registration website which will allow you, as an American citizen, to record foreign trip and residence information that the Department of State can use to communicate with you and assist you in case of an emergency.

Travel registration is a free service provided by the U.S. Government to U.S. citizens who are traveling to, or living in, a foreign country. Registration allows you to record information about your upcoming trip abroad that the Department of State can use to assist you in case of an emergency. Americans residing abroad can also get routine information from the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate.  U.S. citizens around the world who travel or reside abroad can access this site.

Swedish Migration Board
Pyramidvägen 2A, Solna
8 470 9700

To be able to work in Sweden you need a work permit, which is issued by the Swedish Migration Board (Migrationsverket).  For all questions concerning visas for Sweden, extending your stay in Sweden, residency and/or work permits in Sweden please contact the Swedish Migration Board. If you are not in Sweden, you may contact the Swedish Embassy or Consulate closest to you. For contact information you visit the website of the Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs.