CALL US TODAY! (833) 850-8929

Glasgow US Embassy & Visa

U.S. Consulate General Edinburgh, Scotland
3 Regent Terrace
Edinburgh EH7 5BW
44 131 556 8315
44 131 557 6023 (fax)

The U.S. Consulate in Edinburgh does not process any type of immigrant or non-immigrant visas. The American Embassy in London handles visa processing for Scotland. Further information may be obtained from American Embassy London Visa Services

US Citizens entering the UK holding a work permit longer than six months are required to obtain a visa. Work permits are issued by Work Permits (UK), part of the Home Office’s Immigration and Nationality Directorate. A work permit relates to a specific person and a specific job. The work permit scheme lets UK employers recruit or transfer people from outside the European Economic Area (EEA), while still protecting the interests of resident workers in the UK. Work permits also allow overseas nationals to come to the UK for training or work experience. The employer in the UK who wants to employ you must apply for the permit on your behalf. Once the work permit is approved, a visa application will need to be made at the British Embassy or Consulate where the employee is resident. The visa is endorsed in the employee’s passport. For more information on applying for work permits, visit